Avnet’s IT Solutions is a leading software services company in Ireland specialising in Bespoke Software Development, Business Intelligence, SAP ERP Solutions and Help Desk Solutions. The Applications Software Development Division works in partnership with its clients to Manage, Design, Develop, Deliver and Support unique custom built software and middleware solutions. Each solution is exclusively designed and implemented to meet our individual clients’ requirements.
Due to commercial success our BI team needs to grow and we are currently looking to hire at least two additional BI Consultants for our team based in Dublin.
Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, your responsibilities will include:
- The development and deployment of Business Intelligence Solutions using the Microsoft BI, ORACLE, Teradata, Business Objects or MicroStrategy technologies.
- Engaging with the customer to elicit and document their business intelligence requirements
- Providing technical expertise in the area of data conversion / migration design and development, including data cleansing, extraction and loading. Quality assurance (cooperating with business experts and analysts) and data migration reconciliation are also part of this role.
- Analysis and specification of data mappings; design, development and testing of data conversion / migration procedures and data structures, including data cleansing / data quality assurance and data migration reconciliation procedures and reports
- Performance monitoring and tuning for data migration procedures and reconciliation reports
- A solid background in Business Intelligence, with at least 3 years consultancy experience, preferably educated to degree level
- Solid background in the telecommunications/Banking/Insurance industry
- Highly self-motivated team player
- Articulate, confident and fluent communicator, open for change – out of the box thinker
- Excellent practical knowledge and experience of successfully designing and deploying Kimball dimensional models.
- Proven experience on successful BI deployments.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of oral and written English.
- Have advanced IT skills (Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Internet).
- Data migration / ETL toolsets: MS SQL Server Integration Services, T-SQL, Teradata
- Data discovery, profiling and cleansing
- Data migration: at least 3 years experience in data conversion / migration projects
- Experience working with MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, Teradata, would be advantageous
- Writing and testing SQL statements over complex database structures; tuning, monitoring, optimization, debugging and testing of SQL statements
This is a permanent position without our team in Dublin and as such a market level salary and benefits package is on offer.
Please confirm your existing requirements, availability or notice period, when forwarding your profile using the links provided. If you would like to be considered for this role, send your CV to Recruitment at Avnet as soon as possible.
Enda Rochford – In-house Recruiter & marketing Research Analyst – firstname.lastname@example.org