IT Project Manager (Contract)
Avnet’s IT Solutions is a leading software services company in Ireland specialising in Bespoke Software Development, Business Intelligence, SAP ERP Solutions and Managed Services Solutions.
We wish to recruit an experienced IT Project Manager to lead a number of strategically important projects within the telecoms sector relating to, but not limited to, Business Intelligence, Customer Billing and Customer retention for our clients business.
As an IT Project Manager, you will manage the technology workstream of a project / portfolio of projects, ensuring the most effective, timely and appropriate IT solutions are developed to support the fulfilment of business requirements and enable the realisation of benefits. You may also act as the overall Project Manager for projects with a significant IT element to them as required.
- Accountable for the end-to-end project delivery, working across connected functional groups, within agreed budget and timelines.
- Manage related project budget and deliver high quality service, from initiation through to transition into BAU
- Manage key stakeholders in the delivery chain, owning the project communication at management and project levels to ensure awareness of project scope and progress
- Ensure all projects meet the gate or check point criteria as set out in project governance framework(s)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining key project documentation (e.g. definition documents, RAID log, stakeholder reports, communication plans etc.), identifying department owners, owning actions/decisions and obtaining alignment across resource and cost needs to ensure relevant activities are completed on time, on budget and according to quality specification
- Experience with Telecoms/Utilities/Billing type projects.
- Experience with Business Intelligence/Big Data projects
- Proven experience in managing (simultaneous) IT projects using a recognised methodology - PMI/PMP/Prince2
- Knowledge and experience of budget setting, management and control
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to make an impact and have credibility in interactions across business groups
- Experience of managing multiple parties including senior project stakeholders and third party vendors on high profile, high visibility solutions Ability to work under pressure, handle complex change and prioritise key activities
- Good verbal & written presentation skills including confidence at working at all business levels
This is a contract role offering a market level daily rate. The expectation is that this should be a relatively long term engagement delivered via 6 month contract extensions. Please confirm your won daily rate expectations when applying.
This is a contract based role and as such no visa is offered or implied. Candidates should be based in Ireland or ready to relocate at short notice.