Microsoft BI Solution Architect
Avnet’s IT Solutions is a leading software services company in Ireland specialising in Bespoke Software Development, Business Intelligence, SAP ERP Solutions and Help Desk Solutions. The Applications Software Development Division works in partnership with its clients to Manage, Design, Develop, Deliver and Support unique custom built software and middleware solutions. Each solution is exclusively designed and implemented to meet our individual clients’ requirements.
A vacancy has arisen for Microsoft BI Solution Architect.
Reporting to the Head of Cloud BI, your responsibilities will include:
- The development and deployment of Business Intelligence Solutions using the Microsoft BI (SQL Server, SSIS, Power BI) technologies.
- Knowledge of the latest versions of the Microsoft BI platform would be advantageous
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and approaches to managing and processing data with a Microsoft environment would be advantageous, e.g. hadoop
- Engaging with the customer to elicit and document their business intelligence requirements
- Providing technical expertise in the area of data conversion / migration design and development, including data cleansing, extraction and loading. Quality assurance (cooperating with business experts and analysts) and data migration reconciliation are also part of this role.
- Analysis and specification of data mappings; design, development and testing of data conversion / migration procedures and data structures, including data cleansing / data quality assurance and data migration reconciliation procedures and reports
- Performance monitoring and tuning for data migration procedures and reconciliation reports
- Solid background in Business Intelligence
- At least 3 years consultancy experience, preferably educated to degree level
- Solid background in the telecommunications industry
- Highly self-motivated team player, strong leader
- Articulate, confident and fluent communicator, open for change – out of the box thinker
- Excellent practical knowledge and experience of successfully designing and deploying Kimball dimensional models.
- Proven experience as part of a team on successful BI deployments.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of oral and written English.
- Be able to motivate, coach and develop his/her staff
- Have advanced IT skills (Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Internet).
- Database technologies: Microsoft SQL Server
- Data migration / ETL toolsets: MS SQL Server Integration Services
- Data discovery, profiling and cleansing
- Data migration: at least 5 years’ experience in data conversion / migration projects
- Experience working with MicroStrategy would be advantageous
- Writing and testing SQL statements over complex database structures; tuning, monitoring, optimization, debugging and testing of SQL statements
We are open to contract or permanent applications for this role and will match market rates to attract the best staff for our clients needs. Please state your salary or daily rate requirements when applying. If you would like to be considered for this role, send your CV to recruitment at Avnet using the links provided. Closing date for application is 12pm on 30th June 2017.